Thursday, April 03, 2008

Prumm takes 8th place on Yamaha debut

Katherine PrummDouble Women’s MX World Cup winner and new Yamaha motocross racer Katherine Prumm took a very respectable eighth position overall in her first ride on the YZ250F in New Zealand last weekend; against male opposition. The 19 year old gained a top ten slot in the Thames Valley Championships held at the Patetonga circuit.

The first moto of three was not easy for Prumm as she drew a gate pick down in 23rd place and became tangled mid-pack around the first corner. She struggled initially to adapt to a slick track that had been made damp through rainfall and also had some arm-pump, in the end taking 11th place.

“The Valley Champs event was my first race on board the Subway Yamaha and my new YZ250F. Prior to the event I had only ridden the bike three times so everything was still really new to me and I was a little nervous for my first event,” she commented.

Read more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment