Thursday, July 03, 2008

Insurance Prices - Negotiate

I seem to remember sometime ago a posting about motorcycle insurance, I thought you might be interested in the following. Previous Post on Insurance

Since coming to Spain six years ago I have had all my insurance through a broker called AJB from Javea. When I got my first 1800 Goldwing I shopped around and they were the only company who would give me fully comp cover, that cost 1800 euros. The next year it went down to 1400 euros. To cut a long story short(ish) This year when out with the Spanish wingers we were discussing insurance and to my amazement they all ride on 3rd party and pay between 150 and 200 euros. They suggested I contact Axa for a quote which I did. Fully comp through them was 741 euros, my renewal from Ibex (via AJB) was 1,063. I rang AJB who contacted Ibex and they agreed to beat the Axa price by 10 euros. Same company, same policy and same cover.

So we did the same with Lorna's car and reduced that by approx 350 euros. So we have the same cover as last year with the same companies but have saved over 680 euros. It just goes to prove how much companies are making and how flexible they can be when they stand a good chance of loosing your business and your money,

Ride safe,

Steve

Zemanta Pixie

No comments:

Post a Comment