Sunday, February 03, 2013

Drift HD Ghost

Had my first outing with the camera yesterday, just a quick run to the shops for some cold and flu remedies. Not feeling very well at all, but it was so sunny I just had to get the ‘bike out. All I wanted to do was hide under the duvet all day.

There are lots of clips on YouTube reviewing the camera, probably isn’t much I can add to them. I like the size and shape of the camera, lends itself better to helmet cam use than something like a GoPro. I particularly like the fact that you can rotate the lens, so no matter which way you orientate the camera, you can always get the picture the right way up. The remote is great too, no fiddling around with the camera trying to stop and start it with your gloves on. The remote makes this a very simple operation. The mounts are nice and secure, although the fit between the universal clip (which fixes to the base of the camera) and the helmet mount could be a bit more snug. I found it rattled just a little, so added a piece of thin sticky pad under the clip to stop it.

I’ve used Adobe’s Premiere 9 to process the video and upload to YouTube. It think it converts it into an .flv file before uploading. I’m pretty sure the process degrades the quality of the video in comparison to the original file. If anyone has version 11, I’d like to know if you think it’s worth the upgrade.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going back to bed…

1 comment:

  1. Well there's my Sunday fix of dance music. Looked good to me and I especially liked the knee cam. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete