Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Kawasaki Ready for MotoGP

John Hopkins - Kawasaki Pilot #21
  "I'm real excited to start the year! I feel my injury should be fine come race day as the pain has subsided a lot compared to how it was feeling a week ago. We have had a restful few days, which I feel has helped it, and I have been doing small exercises to strengthen the muscles which have improved the condition dramatically. I feel good. Plus, once the adrenaline kicks in, I know  I will be ready to go! As for the machine? I couldn't be keener. We made some successful steps forward with race tyres and a few other parts at the test last week and I'm ready to get the first race under my belt with the Kawasaki. Fingers crossed."

Kawasaki MotoGP Pilot #13
"I'm not feeling as good as I'd like as my lap times in testing weren't what I was hoping for. I'm quite concerned about the temperatures at night in Qatar as it was so cold and that affected the tyres more than I was comfortable with. But we still made loads of big improvements to the bike. I'm really pleased with the feeling I'm getting from the new chassis and the set up generally has really come together over the testing season. But I'm keen to get back to racing now. Physically, I'm feeling fit and a lot stronger so I'm ready to get on with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment